Do you have fond memories of time spent on a trampoline as a child? Many children have enjoyed the fun of bouncing around on a trampoline, but unfortunately, many children have also been hurt in a trampoline related accident. Some common causes for trampoline injuries are the following:
- When there are more than one person on the trampoline at once.
- When there is improper fall protection around the trampoline, such as netting.
- When there is no adult supervision.
- When someone jumps onto the trampoline from a roof or a tree.
- When there are hard surfaces around the trampoline, such as rocks or asphalt.
Of course, there are situations that are out of your control, but if you decide to have a trampoline in your backyard, you should be aware of these dangers. As long as you do your best to avoid any of the aforementioned situations, your children should be able to enjoy the fun that a trampoline can offer.