Mold in your home is a terrible problem. It can cause a wide range of respiratory issues, and for those with allergies or asthma, it can be debilitating. Unfortunately, it might not always be easy to find out if you have mold. One way to do your own test is to use something that most of us have available in our homes – scotch tape.

If you have a surface that you suspect has mold growing on it, scotch tape can be used to do a test that is not invasive. You just press the tape up against the surface firmly and then stick the tape to the inside of a plastic bag. You can now send the tape off to a lab where they can extract all the necessary information for you, including, how severe the infestation is and what type of mold it is. Your next step will be to contact a mold remediation company to take care of the problem.

error: Content is protected !!

WHAT EVERY HOMEBUYER IN THE DFW SHOULD KNOW

 

If you are purchasing a home in the DFW, then there is some important information you should know before you buy a home.

This information can mean the difference between buying your dream home... or ending up in a money pit

Enter your email below to get a free copy of this important information.

Thank you! Please check your email